Between 1857 and 59 the château was significatly rebuilt in the neo-gothic style for John of Nepomuk Kanka, a significant Prague patron and a university rector. Kanka also established an English château park and later an extended library and a picture gallery inside the château .Jan N Kanka was an attorney and from the year 1778 a councillor of Prague court of appeal. He was promoted to the doctor of law, in 1815 he was awarded a degree of the dean of the faculty of law and he later became a rector of the university. In 1938 Václav Zakotelna, an architect and builder in Prague bought the manor farm estate of Jetřichovice and Vrchotice. He paid significant attention to the cultivation of the neglected property, first of all he reconstructed the château and the chaple. The owners of the building are offering the property for sale –château compound of Jetřichovice including the adjacent part of the château garden. A manors court ad the origial brewery called „old château“ lie in the neighbourhood. The building of the château on the compound offered was proclaimed a real eastate cultural monument in 1998 (the building of the château and the park) and is as such registred on the list of Central list of National Heritage in CR , managed by the National Heritage institute).
The chaple of Bolestná Marie with the tomb of J.N Kanka
The chaple is a part of the compound which also dates back to the time of dr Kaňka who had it rebuilt in th roman style. Profesor Niklas also accomplished the plans .The chaple was consecrated on Sunday, 9th October 1859 by Jan Valerian Jirsík, the bishop of the town of Budějovice In front of the alter a tomb was established, in which John N. Kanka was burried. After doctor Kaňka Vilemína Kaňkova who outlived her husband by 34 years became the owner of the chaple. She assigned the manor farm estate to her relative general of Neuwirth but lived in Jetřichovice until her death in 1899. After general of Neuwirth his children Otto and Berta inherited Jetřichovice and Vrchotice château . After several further purchases Mary Milner bought the whole compound of Jetřichovice . In 1932 in accordance with the estate reform the 27-hectare area of the property was divided among house holders.