After nearly 100 years of family ownership the descendants of Jaroslav Hasek have decided to part with their family legacy. A unique investment opportunity has, as a result, opened in the very heart of the European Union.
Chateau Prcice and Properties
The Estate at Prcice comprises over 1 430 sqm of ﬂoorspace plus stables, technical buildings and a stunning 3 hectare Chateau Park populated with valuable and exotic vegetation. In the spirit of the estate being a true rural holding the transaction will include 30 hectares of land and 7 hectares of lakes surrounding the Chateau – suitable for any kind of middle-European agriculture and aquaculture. In addition and perhaps most importantly, there are 489 hectares of exquisitely managed and commercialized mixed forest. The family runs the estate as a holding company and as such it is self sustaining, with revenues comprised of rent from the Chateau, arable land and sustainable farming of the forest. The combines revenues produce on average €250 000 per annum – with an average EBIT of roughly €80 000 – sufﬁcient for upkeep of the mansion and properties.
21 years later the properties function as they once did under Jaroslav, producing copious amounts of wood and agricultural products, providing well stocked hunting lands, and stability and proﬁts for his descendants.
The forests, having been painstakingly cared for by Jaroslav and his immediate descendants, managed, even through communist control, to remain healthy and productive. A recent audit by a renowned German forestry auditing company praised the management and state of the holdings. At present they are expertly maintained by a small retained staff. All production (regulated by state and European Union control) is sold to third party processors and resellers – again providing a relatively simple and stable income for the estate. The lands
are also party to a hunting area containing wild boar, deer, rabbit and pheasant.
The arable land and ﬁsh lakes are rented out to external companies and simply provide stable, proﬁtable rental incomes. Those partners wish to continue cooperation into the future.
Description of the Chateau
In 1993 the chateau was returned to the descendants of Jaroslav Hasek.
The responsibility for the extensive reconstruction of the building was then left to his descendants.
In 1996 they started the work based on a study by Tomas Reml, architect, in partnership with conservationists, the Environmental Department of the Municipality, and with the support from the Fund for the Preservation of Architectural Heritage of the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic.
The Chateau is renovated to a high degree. All foundation stabilization and insulation is in perfect repair. The rooves of all buildings have been renovated and replaced to professional standards.
The Chateau is heated by the most modern Swiss thermal transfer unit on the market – installed at considerable expense, but with an eye to future efﬁciency.
All interior works and ﬁnishings are prepared to the extent that the Chateau enjoys revenues from ofﬁce rentals and accommodation services. On the ﬁrst (ground) level an industrial kitchen and bar have been installed. The 1st ﬂoor above ground houses modern renovated ofﬁces and rooms for the accommodation service. The 2nd ﬂoor above ground is 75% renovated with rooms for accommodation. There are 4 rooms remaining to be renovated. The attic space is dry, serviceable and clean and could conceivably be renovated to further accommodation or ofﬁce space purposes.
Disposition of the Chateau
Ground floor – 299,6 m2
1.Floor – 313,8 m2
2.Floor – 345,3 m2
Attic – 451,2 m2
Cellar – 20,5 m2
Total: 1430 m2
THE DIAGRAM OF THE CHATEAU COMPOUND: the château is adjoined with further farming buildings , horse barns etc. The area of the other buildings (excluding the château building) makes up in total 5, 248 square metres.
Prcice located in the Maran area of Bohemia, only 45 minutes from Prague. It is an ancient estate whose foundations date from the 12 Century – rife with history and culture.
The ﬁrst mention of this site is of a fortress, dating back to 1197. It was founded by Vitek I. of Prčice, ancestor of the Lords of Hradec, Krumlov Landštejna, Rosenberg and Stráž. The fortress was wooden, (the word Prcice derives from the Czech word prken, meaning plank) which presumably also gave the name to the surrounding village of Prčice. In the mid-16th century, written memoirs were discovered that mentioned a brick-built, fortress.
Its ﬁrst owners were the Rosenbergs, the Beneš’ and Jan from Choustník,and later lords of Borotin and Landstein. At this time, the Gothic fortress was rebuilt in Renaissance style by Adam Voračickým, and in 1591 on its foundations, emerged a magniﬁcent two-storey Renaissance building.
The estate passed into the hands of the descendants of Adam Voračického, who sold it to the Czernin family who later sold it in 1612 to the Talmberks. In 1705 the Wallensteins bought Prčice, but ran it into debt and in 1715 they sold it to the family of Wchinitz of Wchinitz. Ten years later, they sold it to Jan Vít Malovec of Malow, who began a major Baroque style reconstruction, designed by the renowned architect Ignac Pree.
Extensive Classicist reconstruction was carried out in the 19th century by burgher Karel Burka, who sold the Chateau to the Economic Councillor Antonin Jan Oppelt. Oppelt later sold it in 1835 on to a lawyer, Vaclav Ignatius of Eisenstein. Around 1890 more extensive Classic renovations were made.
In 1924 the Chateau was purchased by Jaroslav Hasek, Chief of the Skoda Works in Pilsen. The Chateau, forests and lands enjoyed ﬁfteen years of prosperity and renovation until forced administration was imposed by the German invaders. In 1948, under the Communist government, the estate was nationalized.
During the period of Communist rule, the chateau, its surroundings and the furnishings fell into disrepair.