Château Slavín is erected on a rock above the village Tupadly in the Protected landscape area of Kokořínsko. It stands in the place where there used to be a fortress until 1650. The château itself was built in 1840 by lord Antonín Veith. It was originally meant to serve as a memorial of national heroes in which 24 sculptures representing significant people in Czech history were going to be kept (in the end 8 sculptures were made that are these days displayed in the vestibule of the National Museum in Prague).
The château is built in oriental so called moresque style. The dominant of the château is a 30-meter high tower which earlier served as a watch tower. You can see the area along the river Labe and a part of Central Bohemian Uplands. There is a small chaple inside the tower. There were supposed to be 4 towers originally but for financial reasons there is only one. The building of a farmer´s house (before reconstruction, it can be used for accommodation or other prurposes), a villa (serves accommodation purposes) and a summer house belong to the château. The total area of the compound including the château park is 3,5 hectares, two fields of the total area of approximately 2,7 hectares are also part of the property.
The château stands out among other ones especially thanks to its location.It is surrounded by a park with grown trees, crooked paths , a rock and a little lake. Peace and quiet are not disturbed by the road and neighbouring houses. This is one of the reasons why the current owner chose this château for the seat of buddhist association and until today is serves as a meditation centre.
The château is a one-storey building with a cellar (in the underground there are two floors).
On the ground floor there is a large room,a spacious dining room with a kitchen and two toilets.
On the first floor there are five bedrooms, two toilets.
In the attic there are two rooms used as storerooms.
In the side wing there are two rooms with bathrooms and toilets.
In the villa there are seven rooms (three double-bed, three four-bed, one single-bed) and two bathrooms with toilets on each floor.
The farmer´s house offers a kitchen, a dining room, a meditation room and three rooms, one toilet, one bathroom and a tool-room. The house is before reconstruction (the construction permit is ready).
In the former granary there is a garage, above which there are two unused living floors. Here a building permit before reconstruction is also prepared.
The château summer house has two rooms.
The property takes in complete 61,658 square metres, the built-up area of which is 1,285 square metres, the garden 3,177square metres, the remaining area 30,785 square metres and arable land 26,380 square metres.